|COLONEL KEITH D. SCHULTZ|
Colonel Keith Schultz is the commander of the 307th Operations Group, 307th Bomb Wing, Barksdale Air Force Base, La. As commander, he directs the activities of the 307th Operations Group Standardization/Evaluation, 307th Operations Support Squadron, the 93d Bomb Squadron, the 11th Bomb Squadron, and the 343d Bomb Squadron.
He was born in Little Rock, Ark., and grew up in Bardstown, Ky. Colonel Schultz received his commission from the Air Force Academy in 1979. He spent 14 years on active duty and joined the Air Force Reserve in 2001.
1979 Bachelor of Science, Engineering, United States Air
Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1985 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1988 Masters of Science, Aviation Science, Embry Riddle
University, Daytona Beach Fla.
2002 Air Command and Staff College
2006 Air War College
1. November 1979 - November 1980, student, pilot training, Vance AFB, Okla.
2. November 1980 - May 1981, student, B-52 combat crew training school, Carswell AFB, Texas
3. May 1981 - February 1983, B-52D co-pilot, 20th Bomb Squadron, 7th Bomb Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
4. February 1983 - August 1984, B-52D/H Stan/Eval co-pilot, 7th Bomb Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
5. August 1984 - September 1985, B-52H aircraft commander, 20th Bomb Squadron, 7th Bomb Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
6. September 1985 - May 1986, B-52H instructor pilot, 7th Bomb Wing Training Flight, Carswell AFB, Texas
7. May 1986 - January 1987, B-52H Stan/Eval instructor pilot, 7th Bomb Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
8. January 1987 - September 1988, B-52G flight line instructor pilot, 328th Bomb Squadron, Castle AFB, Calif.
9. September 1988 - December 1989, B-52G academic instructor pilot, 329th Combat Crew Training School, Castle AFB, Calif.
10. December 1989 - September 1990, B-52G Combat Flight Instructor School instructor pilot, 330th Combat Flight Instructor Squadron, Castle AFB, Calif.
11. September 1990 - January 1992, chief of Bomber Tactics, Operations Division, PACAF Headquarters, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
12. January 2001 - May 2004, B-52 instructor pilot, flight commander, 93d Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
13. May 2004 - May 2008, deputy commander, 917th Operations Group, 917th Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
14. May 2008 - September 2009, commander, 93d Bomb Squadron, 917th Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
15. March 2010 - January 2011 - commander, 917th Operations Group, Barksdale Air Force Base, La.
16. January 2011 - Present - commander, 307th Operations Group, Barksdale Air Force Base, La.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: 6,200
Combat hours: 472
Aircraft flown: B-52 D/G/H, T-37, T-38
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Jabara Award for contribution to Aviation
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Combat Action Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor device, six oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
National Defense Service Medal with star
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with star
Iraq Campaign Medal with two stars
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal with star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Forces Overseas Ribbon-Long Tour
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Longevity Service Award with four oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with M 4 devices
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 30, 1979
First Lieutenant May 30, 1981
Captain May 30, 1983
Major July 1, 1990
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 1, 2002
Colonel Nov 19, 2009
(Current as of November 2012)